EDAX Element EDS
The EDAX Element EDS with APEX™ software for simple or advanced Elemental Micro-Analysis
Adding EDS to your SEM turns it into a very powerful analytical tool allowing a multitude of capabilities using advanced micro-analysis features for elemental analysis. The EDAX APEX™ software provides numerous capabilities for probing the samples composition, thickness and mapping of elements as shown in the screenshots and explanations below.
Main Specifications of Element EDS
- High speed embedded type SDD Dectector (No LN2 required)
- Energy resolution: Less than 133 eV (at Mn Ka)
- Detector area: 30mm
- Window: Silicon Nitride (Si3N4)
- Element detection range: Be(4) – Am(95)
- Maximum input count rate: > 300 kcps
- Software: Qualitative or Quantitative Analysis
- Analysis Modes: Point, Circle, Polygon, Line Scan, Mapping
- Touch Screen Mode
The APEX™ software is an idealized program developed for first-time users with analysis functions for Point and Area Qualitative or Quantitative Elemental Analysis, Mapping, Line Scan, and built-in Reporting. APEX™ is designed with a “project” methodology.
Intuitive and Adjustable User Interface
Operators can start based on inspection settings as they have saved and analysis processes can be accomplished with minimal effort. “Only 3 clicks” needed tof collecting a Spectrum to Qualitative, Quantitative analysis, and saving. Multiple screen layouts are easily set with a single mouse click. Background colors can be set for either a light or dark preference.
Qualitative / Quantitative analysis
- Able to know the element and amount about unknown sample in a short time (within 1 min)
- Get information of the area to see fast and easily by various scanning method (point, area…).
- Reliable element analysis and 3 types of comparison charts or tables listing elements by Weight (wt%), Atomic (at%), Error (%)
- ZAF corrections and analysis result tables
- Mark several locations to inspect in the sample by point, area or other scanning method
- Analyze and save automatically
- Enhance reliability of analysis result by realizing 4 analysis conditions of selected area
High Speed Mapping
- Analyze the distribution of elements easily of samples with different color coding
- Obtain desired information in real time at low resolution or at higher resolution with short analysis times
- Another way to check elements distribution of sample. Analyze with the line set by user and assort the distribution of each element clearly.
- Create SEM Image Line-scan overlap & Element Profile
- After acquiring results, reports can be generated per user requirements showing any of the acquired data in various formats
- Ability to modify or edit by saving original file in MS Word, Excel, or PowerPoint formats, or PDF