Have some fun and help support the MSA Student Council or your local MSA Chapter.
The first persons to correctly answer any of the trivia questions below and follow the rules will win. There is also a drawing for several prize for all entrants.
WINNERS will be announced on our social media pages:
PRIZE CHOICES for first entry to correctly answer any one of the 5 questions:
- $200 Donation in your name to the MSA Student Council
- $150 Donation in your name to your local MSA Regional or State Chapter
PRIZE DRAWING from all contest entries – 3 winners, choice of any of the following:
- Set of 3 Precision Microscopy Tweezers and Swiss Made EDS Safe Vacuum Pickup Pen
- SEM Pin Stub Prep Stand and a very nice wooden SEM Stub Storage Box
- $100 AMEX Dinner Gift Certificate
- Additional $200 Donation in your name to the MSA Student Council
A Consolation Prize for all entries answering all 5 questions if winners are already awarded
Pi Day TRIVIA QUESTIONS:
- What is the name of both the original song and song about Pi played to a popular tune from one-hit-wonder Tommy Tutone?
- How many times do the first 6 digits of Pi (314159) appear in order in the first 10 million decimal places of Pi?
- How many digits of Pi does TV actress Danica McKellar (The Wonder Years) recite in her song “Dance of the Sugar Pi Fairy”?
- Considered the most beautiful equation in math: , of course it involves Pi. What is the name of this formula?
- What is the name of both the original song and song about Pi played to a popular 70’s tune from artist Don McLean?
HINT: the answers are in plain site within our website – www.elementPi.com – can you find them? (it is really easy)
- Follow the rules or one the songs might get stuck in your head forever!!
- Play fair – Don’t use Google/Bing. Resist the temptation!! See Rule #1
- Only one entry or win per person
- One winner per Trivia Question
- Once you find the answers, it would be bad form to tell your friends (See Rule #1)
- Contest open to residents of USA or Canada including students
- Let’s have FUN with this!!!
- Entries open at 12PM Noon EST on March 14, 2018
HOW TO ENTER:
SUGGESTION – Check the Pi Day Contest posts to see which trivia questions don’t yet have an answer (or winner) unless you just don’t want to win. Even if all of the questions have a winner, you can still enter with a correct answer and be entered into the Prize Drawing. Answer all 5 questions correctly and you will receive a consolation prize if you are not a winner in any category.