The CP-8000 Ion Mill Cross Section Polisher for SEM sample preparation uses an argon ion beam to gently remove material from a sample’s surface – literally atoms at a time. The resulting atomic level polish simply cannot be any better. An Ion Mill Cross Section Polisher is used AFTER the final step of mechanical polishing of harder materials or sectioning or freeze fracture of biological and other soft materials.
Typical applications include critical cross section analysis of semiconductor and electronic components such as Via’s, Solder Joints, layer bonding and de-lamination inspection and other situations where traditional mechanical grinding and polishing tends to deform or smear the softer layers in hard -to-soft interfaces.
Cross Section Ion Milling can also be used with powders to perform delicate sectioning to see the inside structure of powders in Pharmaceutical and other material science applications.
The CP-8000 is simple to use and much more affordable than traditional products on the market. The 7″ LCD touchscreen control panel allows storing multiple “recipes” for different type of sample prep. It also makes operation simple and straightforward. Maintaining the CP-8000 Cross Section Polisher is simple and facilitated by the user.
Specifications of CP-8000 Cross Section Polisher:
- Argon Ion Mill – 500 μm beam diameter
- Ion Beam Energy: 2kV to 8kV
- Milling Speed 150 μm/hr (Si at 5kV)
- Maximum Sample Size: 20(w) x 12(d) x 7(h) mm
- Touch Panel Control and Display
- CCD Camera to view sample during milling
- Beam Alignment via Fluorescent screen
- Turbo Molecular Vacuum Pump included
- Roughing Vacuum Pump included
- Working Pressure: 0.0002 Torr
- 590mm (W) x 440mm (D) x 260mm (H)