With the COXEM CX-200plus or thh EM-30AX NEXT SEM systems as a base platform, it is possible to use the SEM as a true analytical tool producing highly specific data sets for thousands of particles within a sample and reporting that data in various manners that suit the application requirements.
The CX-200plus SEM currently works with either the AZtecLive platform and its EDS detectors from Oxford Instruments or the Bruker XFlash EDS series using ESPIRT QuantAX platform and EDS detectors from Bruker NanoAnalysis.
Adding Automated Particle and Feature Analysis software to your SEM/EDS turns it into a very powerful analytical tool for quality control testing in critical applications such as these listed here:
- Automated Feature/Particle Analysis
- AutoPhase Mapping and Large Area EDS Mapping
- Contaminant Analysis and Particle Sizing for Additive Manufacturing with Oxford AZtecAM
- Metal Inclusion Analysis (Steel Cleanliness – ASTM E1245/E2142/E45)
- Mineral Phase Analysis, Mineral Liberation, Modal Mineralogy, Petrography
- Gun Shot Residue – GSR (ASTM E1588)
- General Particle Analysis for Cleanliness (ISO 16431/18413, MIL-STD 1246, IEST 1246E)
- Wear Particle Analysis (ARP 598c, ASTM D7416, ASTM F311/F312, ISO 16232-8, ISO 4407)
- Environmental Particles on Filters or Wipes (ASTM D6059, ASTM E2090, ISO 14966)
- Particulate Contamination in Injections and Parenteral Infusions (USP 788)
Cleanliness applications are probably the most wide spread application of this technology and is applied during process control checks in a variety of industries such as automotive assembly, engine assembly, computer hard drives, aerospace hydraulic and fuel systems and many others.