The R-Series Desktop Coaters are high productivity tools that deliver consistent and repeatable results in the fully automated system that has an ergonomic design and compact footprint. The R-series Desktop Coaters are available in 3 models to chose from:
- DSR – dedicated Sputter Coater
- DSR-L – Sputter Coater for large samples (100mm)
- DCR – dedicated Carbon Coater (fiber or rod)
- DCR-L – Carbon Coater for large or multiple samples (100mm)
- DSCR – dual purpose Sputter and Carbon Coater
The DSR Sputter Coater model is a dedicated coating system which is able to coat noble metals such as gold (Au), palladium (Pd), platinum (Pt) and gold/palladium (Au/Pd) thin films on non-conductive or poorly conductive specimens, typically for SEM imaging and analysis. Uniform thin films with fine-grain sizes are formed in a fast cycle time suitable for standard scanning electron microscopy. The DSR-L model is a special version using a 4″ diameter (100mm) target and 300mm chamber allowing uniform coating onto larger samples.
The DCR Carbon Coater model is a dedicated carbon coating system and can be configured with either a Thread